Wednesday, August 4, 2004

buried my grandmother today

It was an emotional day as we laid my maternal grandmother Pi-Tan to rest at the Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Los Altos. You may recall that she passed away two and a half months ago. Her funeral was held in Taiwan, but we asked my aunt Jill to bring her ashes back because she loved America.

The service at was a fairly small affair. The only attendees were Jill, the Shiehs and two close family friends. The ceremony was about an hour long and a sobering experience. As we left the cemetery and headed out to lunch, I suddenly realized just how precious life really is. I'm going to miss Grandma for sure. :-(

In other news...

On a happier note, my family is leaving for Alaska in the afternoon. This will be our second summer trip!

Currently watching: The War of the Worlds

No comments:

Post a Comment