Friday, June 11, 1999

done with 7th grade

I finished my first half of middle school. Hooray!

The 7th graders had a weird schedule, with each period lasting less than ten minutes. These "classes" were mainly for tying up loose ends, such as turning in borrowed books and checking our final grades. This was followed by an assembly in the auditorium: our principal, Mrs. Dyckman, just couldn't let us go without delivering her customary farewell speech. It made us all sad because she sounded like she was going to cry. Gee, did everyone forget we would be back in the fall? After everything was said and done, the students were let out at 9:30 a.m. Now that's what I call a "minimum minimum" day!

I stayed for a few minutes after school to wish my friends and teachers a good summer. The whole morning was very sentimental. I even got a hug from this girl named Allie. It was quite flattering... and awkward at the same time. *blush*

As 7th grade is now officially over, you're probably wondering if I was ever "trashed" by the 8th graders. This did not happen to me, but a few of my friends weren't so fortunate. Good times.

In any case, it's time to enjoy summer. I'm extremely excited because I'm sure my family has lots of fun things planned. That, and lots of video games. :D

In other news...

I saw Heavenly Creatures with my mother this afternoon. That was a really creepy movie in my opinion. At the very least, it's certainly not something I'd normally watch.

Currently watching: Heavenly Creatures
Release date: November 16, 1994

No comments:

Post a Comment