Monday, November 29, 1999

Thanksgiving break report

I hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving!

On the subject of which, my family had planned to take a three-day trip to Portland during the break. However, the trip cancelled in favor of a group community service project for my health class.

Mrs. Kawamoto-Combes had told the class that we could do the project at our own pace, but because the rest of my team had elected to have it done over the long weekend, I felt it would have been bad form to delay everyone else's plans for the purpose of a vacation. Therefore, my parents decided to postpone the trip indefinitely.

As for the project, my teammates and I repainted the anti-dumping messages on storm drains. Our group only spent about two hours, but we managed to get a lot of work done. Although my family couldn't go to Oregon as originally planned, it felt great to give back to the community.

On the other hand, we did compensate for the trip by inviting the Liang family over to our house for dinner. Those who read my blog may notice that this sounds familiar. :-)

I should mention that I'm very thankful for all the things my parents have done for me. The fact that they threw a little party to make up for the trip makes it kind of obvious. Yeah, I know I'm spoiled. :P

Currently playing: SimCity 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment