Sunday, July 7, 2002

four barbecues in a row

As crazy as it sounds, my family had four barbecues in a row over the 4th of July weekend!

The fun began with my maternal grandparents coming over on Thursday. As my parents had recently bought a new electric grill, this was a good opportunity to try it out. The grandparents didn't stay very long after dinner because Grandpa is an early bird when it comes to bedtime, but it was nonetheless nice to have them over.

I spent the rest of the evening lighting fireworks as this was the 4th of July. Speaking of which, there seemed to be far more people setting them off this year. I'm actually still hearing firecrackers and bottle rockets every now and then. Perhaps Americans are feeling more patriotic due to last year's terrorist attacks.

The Lin family visit us came to visit us on the 5th. While Moonway usually doesn't eat a whole lot of meat, he absolutely loved our hot dogs. They were already gone when I went to get one, so I guess they were really that good. Moonway and I then spent the evening playing video games.

Continuing on, my parents invited the Lu family over for Saturday. This was the first time we had seen them in a while, and I had a great time playing video games with Thomas and Connie. The Lus didn't stay too late either as their father Rae is also an early sleeper, but that didn't make the party any less fun.

Last but not least, some of Dad's colleagues joined us for leftovers this evening. As delicious as everything was, I'm pretty sick of barbecued food right now due to having eaten the same stuff for four days. I don't think I could stand another piece of barbecued chicken - at least not for a while. :-)

Currently playing: Pinball (NES)

No comments:

Post a Comment