Wednesday, July 30, 2003

finished my summer internship

Today was the last day of my summer internship at Arcadia Design Systems, Inc. This was my first non-volunteer job, so it was nice to get paid in the summer.

Unfortunately, the last few weeks were rather dull and unproductive. The company has significantly downsized over the last couple of years, and it was rare to see anyone in the office. There wasn't much I could do as there was nobody to assign me work or teach me new things, so I mostly played RuneScape whenever I wasn't studying MATLAB. Of course, this probably isn't something I'd get away with when I have a regular job in the future. *whistles innocently*

With that out of the way, it's time to enjoy the rest of summer. Speaking of which, my mother and I will be heading to Japan tomorrow to join Dad on his business trip. Sweet!

In other news...

On the subject of internships, I also recently received an offer for one at ACMA, the company that designed the student information system at LAHS. They were apparently impressed that I was able to help find all those vulnerabilities in their software. I regrettably could not take up the offer because my family will be in East Asia for the rest of the summer, but I'm still extremely grateful that ACMA would consider me.

Currently watching: Jackie Chan Adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment