Wednesday, July 30, 2003

finished my summer internship

This was the last day of my internship at Arcadia Design Systems. It was definitely a new experience for me.

The first week went pretty well. Jeff taught me how to write MATLAB programs and always took the time to answer my questions. I also went out to lunch with him and our executive assistant Eileen a couple of times.

However, the last few weeks were dull and unproductive. The office was largely empty because the company has downsized over the years. Because there was nobody to assign me work or teach me new things, I mostly played RuneScape whenever I wasn't studying MATLAB. Of course, this probably isn't something I should be doing at a regular job. *whistles innocently*

At any rate, it's time to enjoy the rest of summer. Speaking of which, Mom and I are heading to Japan tomorrow to join Dad on his business trip. I'm so excited!

In other news...

On the subject of internships, I also recently received an offer for one at ACMA Computers, the company that designed the LAHS student information system. They were impressed that I found all those vulnerabilities in their software. Though I couldn't take up the offer because my family will be in East Asia, I'm extremely grateful that ACMA would consider me.

Currently watching: Jackie Chan Adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment