Monday, August 25, 2003

first day of my last year of high school

So school just started for me. Am I really a senior already? It's hard to believe the last three years of high school have gone by so quickly. In any case, it feels great to be one of the "elite" students on campus!

Because my parents had trouble booking a return flight during our recent trip to East Asia, I was a little worried we'd be stuck there and that I'd miss the first few days of school as a result. Things fortunately didn't turn out that way, and I actually had about a week to prepare for my classes.

Speaking of which, I'm taking Chorale this year to satisfy the performing arts requirement. I was rather reluctant to take it at first because singing in public isn't my thing, but it doesn't seem to be anywhere as scary as I had made it out to be. Chorale actually turned out to be quite fun, especially with all those cute girls in the soprano section. No wonder my mother has always told me not to judge things before trying them.

In other news...

I recently beat Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition for the first time without cheats. The boss for the fourth episode ("The Birth") was one tough bitch, but I managed to kick her ass after numerous saves and reloads. Go me.

Currently listening to: Duke Nukem II soundtrack - "Dukin' it Out" by Bobby Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment