Thursday, August 24, 2000

first day of high school

So I started my freshman year at Los Altos High School this morning. I was obviously pretty nervous as high school is quite different from middle school. Mom had heard all kinds of horror stories about high school, such as people doing drugs and freshmen being forced to give seniors blowjobs in the restrooms, so she was also a little worried.

Much to our collective relief, the first day went fairly well, and there was no indication that LAHS was an unsafe place. The nice part was that I got back in touch with many of my Egan and Springer classmates. But the bad news is that Alex (the guy who loved to torment me at Egan) is also attending LAHS. I just hope he won't give me grief for another four years. *crosses fingers*

The other thing is that I'm taking a 0th period biology class that is held before regular school hours. The class starts at 7:20 a.m. and meets every day except Thursdays, meaning that I have to get up early in the morning almost every day. I'm definitely not excited about that. Just who the hell came up with the idea of 0th period classes?

On the bright side, I live just one block from school. This means I won't have to deal with the traffic and worry about being late. I could probably even go home for lunch every now and then. :-)

Oh yeah, and there's the back-to-school dance in two weeks. It's a great way to start the school year for sure. Count me in!

Currently playing: Raptor: Call of the Shadows

No comments:

Post a Comment