Saturday, October 7, 2000

my first computer program + new math website!

I just finished my first real Visual Basic program. It takes in the radius of a circle and returns its diameter, circumference and area. I know it doesn't do much, but my geometry teacher was nevertheless impressed. Therefore, I've decided to release it to the public in hopes that someone will find it useful. :-)

Download information

You can get the program at my math website here. Please note that it requires the Visual Basic 5.0 run-time files to work. For the record, future updates regarding my software will usually be posted at my math website.

For those unaware, my website used to be a fan site for the game Terminal Velocity until my mother made me shut it down over concerns that I was breaking the law. It's not copyright infringement to post links to shareware or demo versions of software - as opposed to distributing full versions - but I didn't feel like arguing with her. In any case, at least my GeoCities account is being put to good use now. :-)

Historical note: GeoCities has been shut down, so I've replaced the link with one to a static mirror.

No comments:

Post a Comment