Friday, June 1, 2001

R.I.P. Cory :-(

It is with a heavy heart that I post this: the LAHS administration informed us this afternoon that one of our fellow students, Cory Redington, had hung himself last night. Another student had killed himself the same way last fall, which makes Cory's suicide the second one this school year.

This definitely hit close to home for me. Although I didn't know Cory that well, I've talked to him a few times in passing. I wish people would try to find other ways to solve their problems than by killing themselves. My thoughts are with the Redington family during this difficult time.

As a result of these tragedies, today's yearbook signing party and the upcoming end-of-the-year slide show were canceled. Of course, that does not compare at all to the loss of two young and promising lives. :-(

Currently playing: Wasted Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment