Thursday, December 27, 2001

so long, wisdom teeth!

As planned, I had my wisdom teeth pulled this afternoon. I was extremely nervous at first, but the whole thing went very smoothly - more so than I had expected.

The doctor put me to sleep before the operation so that I would be spared the gory details. I don't mean to sound morbid, but I kind of felt like a condemned inmate about to receive a lethal injection as the needle approached my arm. It was probably because I was afraid of an accidental overdose - however unlikely that is. Still, they must have used some pretty powerful stuff because I was knocked out within seconds.

When I woke up again, everything had already been done. My mouth is still completely numb right now, but this should go away in a couple of hours. The scary part may be over, but the hard part has only begun: from what the doctor told me, I won't be able to consume any solid food for at least two weeks. This will make the rest of my Christmas break less enjoyable for sure. :\

Currently playing: Alchemy

No comments:

Post a Comment