Thursday, February 14, 2002

an awkward Valentine's Day

You probably won't believe this, but one of the recent assignments for Spanish class was to make a Valentine's Day card and an optional gift for a classmate of the opposite sex. In other words, Mrs. Schiffman made us write love letters to each other. Heaven knows where she got that idea!

In any case, our class had to participate as the assignment was worth points. Because we don't have Spanish on Thursdays, the cards and gifts were exchanged the day before. The girl I was paired up with was a freshman named Stella, to whom I gave a cheesy homemade card with an even cheesier love poem. In case you're wondering, my poem wasn't one of those "Roses are red, violets are blue" varieties. Stella was a little more generous than me, returning the favor with a chocolate snack of sorts along with her card. Go figure. All I have to say is that this whole thing was really awkward.

Oh yeah, and it gets even better: every year, the school sells chocolate roses that are delivered to the buyer's recipient on Valentine's Day. To my surprise, I received two of them this time: one was from a girl in ASB that sent them to almost everyone, while the other was from a "secret admirer" that wished to remain anonymous. I definitely didn't see that coming. *blush*

Unless my "secret admirer" reveals herself, it's probably going to be hard to find out her identity. I'm not Sherlock Holmes or Batman, mind you. To the girl who sent me the chocolate rose: if you are reading this, then I just wanted to say "thank you"!

In other news...

1. I'll be hosting a Valentine's Day drop party in RuneScape in about 30 minutes. It will be at the Falador Park on server 1 at 3:30 p.m. PDT. I'm not that rich in the game, so don't expect me to drop too much stuff, but I still hope people will show up. :-)

2. My family will be going to the Southwest U.S. again during winter break. Only three days and counting!

Currently playing: RuneScape

No comments:

Post a Comment