Friday, August 9, 2002

done with summer school at Gunn

Summer school is over. You may know I was at Gunn High School for an SAT preparation class. I'm not going to lie: this wasn't a positive experience.

It actually started out great as we had a wonderful instructor. She made sure we were up to date and was always looking out for us. But a few days later, the school said the class was too large. I was among those asked to move to the other one.

However, the problem with this class is that the teacher didn't do her job. She didn't teach us anything in the last three months and spent the whole time reading the newspaper. I ended up having to study on my own throughout the entire course. Hope I don't fail the exam when the time comes.

This was surprising because Gunn is said to be very competitive. Mom paid around $300 and wasn't too happy either. One positive thing about the situation is that there were fewer assignments. Gotta look on the bright side. :P

In other news...

We're heading to Hawaii in a week and will meet up with the Shiehs there. I'm quite excited as my family has never been to Hawaii before.

Currently reading: The Unofficial Guide to Hawaii – 1st edition by Lance Tominaga

No comments:

Post a Comment