Saturday, May 24, 2003

the party that almost wasn't

Mom and I had a big party for the Memorial Day weekend. The two of us did all of the work as Dad is on yet another business trip right now, but I'm sure he was with us in spirit. Several of our relatives showed up, and it was certainly lots of fun. The gathering was actually almost canceled, so I'm glad things worked out in the end.

For some reason, my maternal grandfather had become extremely upset earlier in the day. I'm not sure what set him off, but he was madder than a wet hen. All of our guests were relatives and close friends of my grandparents, so Mom and I were afraid they'd no longer be in the mood to come. Had this been the case, all the effort my mother put into preparing the food would have been wasted, not to mention that the entire evening would be ruined.

Much to our relief, Grandpa cheered up shortly before the party began, and everyone had a great time. Old people can be so fickle. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment