Tuesday, June 15, 2004

back from CalSO

So my family just got back from the Cal Student Orientation. I had to spend the night at Berkeley as this was a two-day event. This was my first real taste of dorm life. Though I was somewhat nervous, I also felt at home because my roommate spoke Mandarin too.

The incoming students were divided into small groups. The counselors gave us a rundown of what life at Berkeley is like and went over things like majors, course selection, campus safety and student services. The program ended with a tour of the campus. College is very different from high school, that's for sure. On the whole, CalSO was a worthwhile experience.

There was also an orientation for parents and supporters. Just as the transition to college is a big change for me, it's also a big deal for Mom and Dad!

Currently watching: The Matrix Reloaded

No comments:

Post a Comment