Tuesday, June 15, 2004

back from CalSO

I just got back from the Cal Student Orientation with my parents. This was my first real taste of college life as I had to spend a night in the dorms. I was somewhat nervous but soon felt at home after finding out my roommate spoke Mandarin too.

The two-day event began with us meeting our counselors. They then divided us into small groups for the campus tour. The counselors also talked about life at Berkeley and went over things like majors, course selection, campus safety and student services. College is very different from high school, that's for sure. On the whole, CalSO was a worthwhile experience.

There was also an orientation for parents and supporters. Just as going to college is a major milestone in my life, it's also a big deal for Mom and Dad!

Currently watching: The Matrix Reloaded

No comments:

Post a Comment