Monday, January 1, 2001

first post of the millennium

It's hard to believe another year has passed. Lots of people think 2000 is the first year of the 3rd millennium, but it's actually 2001. So here you go: happy new millennium!

New Year's Eve report

The dawn of a new millennium is certainly cause for celebration, so my parents had a big party last night. The Liang family were among our guests; they invite us to their gatherings all the time, so it's only fair that we return the favor. The awesome thing is that just about everyone stayed for the countdown. I still have the post-vacation blues from our recent trip, but it's always nice to have a party right after coming home. :-)

2000 in review

The best part of 2000 was our recent trip to the American Southwest. I've been on many vacations in my life, but this was the first one I had truly come to appreciate. I guess it's because I'm more mature now.

There weren't really any bad things that happened in the past year, except when my learning skills teacher at LAHS sent me to the office for swearing too much. While Mrs. Roth strongly believes in the freedom of speech, I had said "shit" in her class one too many times for her liking. But because the assistant principal and I knew each other pretty well, all she did was give me a warning. From what Mrs. Satterwhite told me, I could have been suspended. It really does help to have friends in high places.

Speaking of LAHS, the spring semester starts tomorrow for me, and I have to get up early in the morning for my 7:20 a.m. biology class. So I should probably get to bed soon. Take care, everyone!

Currently playing: Final Doom

No comments:

Post a Comment