Monday, January 1, 2001

happy new millennium

I can't believe 2001 is here. According to the Gregorian calendar, the new millennium starts this year. It sounds counterintuitive, but that's what the experts tell us.

New Year's Eve report

Of course, the dawn of a new millennium is certainly something to celebrate. Although we're still recovering from our trip, Mom invited the Liangs over for dinner. It was very exciting even though I was mostly glued to my laptop. At least in my experience, having a party right after coming home helps with the holiday blues. :-)

2000 in review

I don't think anyone will disagree that 2000 was awesome. For one, our recent trip to the Southwest U.S. was one of our best vacations ever. It helps that I'm now old enough to appreciate things. Another highlight was visiting Willits last summer. Traveling is always something to look forward to. On the academic side, graduating from Egan was an important milestone.

The only blemish was when my learning skills teacher Mrs. Roth sent me to the office for saying "shit" too many times. So much for free speech. But because I'm on good terms with Mrs. Satterwhite, she only gave me a warning as opposed to a suspension. It really does help to have friends in high places.

At any rate, school starts tomorrow for me. I have a 7:20 a.m. biology class and probably shouldn't go to bed too late. Take care, everyone.

Currently playing: Final Doom

No comments:

Post a Comment