Monday, January 22, 2001

a weekend do-over

I was sick last weekend after a friend got the flu and passed it to me. But things have been looking up now that I'm feeling better. It certainly helps that I got Friday and today off due to teacher in-service. :-)

So my dad took us to Half Moon Bay on Saturday as we hadn't been there in a while. Strolling along Pillar Point Harbor never gets old even though we always come here. One cool thing is you can buy fresh seafood right off the boats. Our last stop before heading home was Princeton Seafood Company for clam chowder. It's one of our favorite traditions.

Dad also took me to Menlo Park this morning to visit the U.S. Geological Survey office. I enjoyed checking out the exhibits in the public areas. You can even go inside one of the buildings to see the seismographs. It's too bad my father had to leave due to work-related reasons. Side note: the USGS sounds like a cool place to work after I graduate. But that's way down the line as I'm only a teenager.

I also saw Supernova on VHS a few days ago. Despite the critical reviews, the movie wasn't too bad in my opinion. Another nice thing is that I didn't have to study for finals. On the whole, the weekend was awesome.

Currently watching: Supernova

No comments:

Post a Comment