Friday, December 12, 2003

had to miss out on another dance :-(

The week ended on a sour note as I had to miss out on the "Holiday in the Sun" dance tonight. I had been looking forward to it for several months, so this was rather disappointing. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

The reason I didn't attend this one was because of the recent flu outbreak. Mom advised me not to go as germs spread easily in crowded places. She had a good point; it just wasn't worth the risk of getting sick as my health is far more important than a school dance. The change of plans didn't come as a complete surprise because I was prepared for the possibility this time; after all, my mother has always taught to expect the unexpected. But I'm not going to lie: having to miss out on a dance sucks no matter how you look at it.

The sad thing is that the back-to-school dance in August might be the last dance I'll ever attend at LAHS. While there are three more this school year - winter formal, Sadies and prom - I'm not planning to attend those because the formal ones are much more expensive, not to mention that it'd be weird to go to them without a date. Mom assures me there will also be dances in college, but I guess I'll know for sure when the time comes.

On the bright side, I don't have a bunch of homework that would take up my entire weekend this time. The other good news is that my aunts Wei-Jen and Wei-Fang are coming to visit us from Taiwan tomorrow, and Dad plans to take all of us on a road trip to the Southwest U.S. during Christmas vacation. So at least there's something to look forward to. :-)

In other news...

I'll be performing in a choral concert for the first time tomorrow night. I'm somewhat nervous about it, but also very excited at the same time. Wish me luck!

Currently playing: Chasm: The Rift

No comments:

Post a Comment