Tuesday, January 1, 2002

a bittersweet New Year

It's hard to believe 2001 is over. I hope everyone had a great New Year's Eve. To tell you the truth, mine kind of sucked. :-(

Because my paternal grandfather Bien-Chuan and his partner Ms. Chen are visiting from Taiwan, my parents took them and the Shiehs to a Chinese restaurant for dinner. However, I stayed home as I just had my wisdom teeth removed and can't eat most foods. It also happens that my finals are coming up. I'd very much rather have them before the break than having to worry about them over the holidays.

Though it was my own decision to stay home, Ms. Chen kept accusing Mom of grounding me. Even if that was the case, she was in no position to criticize my mother. Only when my uncle Dong told her to STFU did she finally stop. Go figure.

The rest of the evening was all right as I got to play computer games during study breaks. RuneScape and Alchemy were great time killers. Speaking of which, there were some unofficial events in RuneScape for New Year's Eve. That was pretty cool.

I also just finished setting up my own forum. Be sure to check it out if you haven't done so!

2001 in review

All in all, 2001 was pretty good. The highlight of the year was our trip to Canada in June. I love the outdoors and really enjoyed the unspoiled wilderness.

On the flip side, my least favorite part of 2001 was having my wisdom teeth removed. As mentioned earlier, I still can't eat any solid foods. The full recovery will probably take at least another 10 days. Blah.

Currently playing: Alchemy

No comments:

Post a Comment