Wednesday, January 1, 2003

a not-so-happy new year

I hope everyone had a great new year 'cause I sure as hell didn't.

What sucked the most was that I caught a bad cold just after the break started. I'm actually still very sick at the moment. Unlike our other holidays, my family hasn't had the chance to go anywhere yet, and it looks like we'll be staying home for the rest of Christmas vacation. All I want right now is for my cold to get better.

2002 in review

The last few months were particularly rough. For one thing, the academic workload was particularly heavy - which is not unexpected for 11th graders. It doesn't help that my father decided to start an argument with me over my studying habits. I was kicked out of Spanish III not long after that. There's also the really bad weekend I just posted about. Oh yeah, and getting this nasty cold - what a fucking great way to end the year.

But 2002 fortunately wasn't that bad as a whole. Our trip to Hawaii in August was very memorable, as was the one to the Southwest during winter break. Family vacations are just so wonderful.

That having been said, here's to hoping for a better 2003 - and a quick recovery for me. :-)

Currently watching: True Lies

No comments:

Post a Comment