Wednesday, August 4, 2004

buried my grandmother today

It was an emotional day as we laid my maternal grandmother Pi-Tan to rest at the Gate of Heaven Cemetery in Los Altos. She had passed away two and a half months ago. Her funeral was held in Taiwan, but we brought her ashes back to California because she loved living in America.

The service at Gate of Heaven was a fairly small affair. The only attendees were my aunt Jill, the Shiehs and two close family friends. The ceremony took about an hour and was quite sobering. As the service concluded, I realized how precious life really is. I'm going to miss Grandma for sure. :-(

In other news...

On a happier note, my family is leaving for Alaska later in the afternoon. This will be our second summer trip!

Currently watching: The War of the Worlds

No comments:

Post a Comment